EMT 927F # 6003 from 1961 in factory new condition
the best professional stereo twin tonearm studio turntable ever made
For sale a wonderful, original and very rare SR (Swedish Radio) pre-owned legendary EMT 927F professional stereo twin tonearm studio turntable, serial no. 6003 from October 1961, complete with one NOS (New Old Stock) EMT 997 stereo (banana) tonearm, one refurbished used Ortofon RF-297 stereo tonearm and two working tonearm lift systems.
EMT 927F background and history
Original EMT promo picture from 1955 showing the EMT 927F # 1240
The EMT 927F twin tonearm professional studio turntable was designed and manufactured in the mid fifties of the 20th century, most of these turntables were ordered and bought by the Swedish National Broadcast Corporation and in use by particularly SR (Swedish Radio). This special version of the EMT 927 had initially two Ortofon RF-297 tonearms with two separate tonearm lift systems, see the original EMT promo black and white picture from 1955 above showing EMT 927F # 1240. Two tonearms were used for two different cartridges, one for normal groove mono records (78 rpm.) and one for micro groove mono records (33/45 rpm.). Mid sixties when the stereo record became more or less the standard most of these twin tonearm EMT 927F turntables were modified to a single tonearm turntable with also removing the second tonearm lift system.
EMT 927F # 6003 from 1961
After almost 60 years this EMT 927F # 6003, original custom made for - and coming from SR (Swedish Radio), is completely restored. The turntable was fully disassembled, the upper part of the main chassis was professional repainted (spraypainted) with the original hammertone medium-grey paint while maintaining the original engraved symbols and text, the under part of the main chassis is resprayed in satin black. Further on every EMT 927F part was disassembled, cleaned, polished, resprayed (if necessary), lubricated and adjusted after reassembly. After restoration and final assembly of the EMT 927F the complete turntable was adjusted and tested in accordance with the original EMT regulations, instructions and specifications. The EMT 927F # 6003 is equipped with one NOS (New Old Stock) EMT 997 stereo (banana) tonearm for use with EMT T - & OF-series mono/stereo - and Neumann cartridges and one refurbished used Ortofon RF-297 stereo tonearm for use with EMT OF-series mono - and Neumann cartridges.
During the restoration and final assembly/rebuild also a lot of critical and/or age related parts were exchanged/renewed, for instance:
- new vulcolan intermediate (idler) wheel,
- new felt auxiliary platter,
- new rubber belt main platter,
- new rubber motor suspension set,
- new motor capacitor set,
- new ball main bearing,
- new gasket main bearing,
- new felt ring for speed control system,
- new neon lamp for strobe illumination,
- new pilot lamp brake system,
- new re-manufactured second arm lift system,
- new 24 VDC power supply for brake system,
- new rubber suspension brake system,
- new rubber suspension idler unit,
- new "old school" manufactured wiring loom and tonearms balanced audio cabling.
The complete system is for 220VAC - 50Hz mains voltage, is in superb (factory new) working condition, appearance is mint and the EMT 927F set comes with:
- mains power cable, 2 mtr.,
- 5,25 mm to 7,25 mm centre adaptor,
- bottle (50ccm) of special EMT bearing oil,
- a copy of the original EMT 927 user/service manual,
- a wonderful black or red velvet dust cover with embroidered EMT logo,
- an USB stick with lots of information regarding the EMT 927/930 and scanned EMT Courier/Kurier 1 - 46,
- new manufactured tonearms balanced audio output interface box with Neutrik RCA connectors or Neutrik XLR-3 connectors,
- original SR conic centre weight and 45 rpm adaptor,
- original SR type/invemtory nr. tag/plate.
EMT 927F # 6003 as described above with one EMT 997 tonearm and one Ortofon RF-297 tonearm: € 56.400,--
Optional (with additional price):
New EMT TSD 15 SFL recently made by EMT Tontechnik in sealed/unopened box: € 1.600,--
New auxiliary glass platter made by Studiotechnik Dusch in Germany: € 790,--
New shock-absorbing frame made by Studiotechnik Dusch in Germany: € 2.057,--
New DU-937 multi converter made by Studiotechnik Dusch in Germany: € 1.985,---
Selling price is excluding Dutch VAT (21%) and packing/shipping costs, delivery worldwide by UPS in a tailor-made wooden box.
Price for packing incl. tailor-made wooden box (see last three pictures from earlier shipments): € 350,--.
Price for shipping by UPS road/aircargo door to door service and total weight of 65KG: € 250,-- to € 1.350,-- depending of final destination and insurance.
All prices are excl. Dutch VAT (21%).
VAT free shopping for buyers outside the EU (European Union) and EU buyers with a valid VAT ID nr., EU buyers without a valid VAT ID nr. will be charged for Dutch VAT (21%).
Any fees (local taxes, import duties, etc.) not charged by the seller but related to the sale are the buyer's responsibility.
Payment in advance by bank transfer.